Martez Ivey is moving back home to left tackle. Read if his move will set him up as a first round draft choice in the 2018 NFL draft.
College: Florida #73
40 Time: 4.93
- 2016: Played left guard in 2016. Florida Offense vs Florida State. Florida vs Arkansas condensed game.
- 2015: All-Freshmen SEC Team.
- 2016: All-SEC Second Team.
- Top rated offensive lineman in the 2015 recruiting class.
- Came out of high school as an offensive tackle, but played guard his first two years at Guard for Florida, with upperclassman, David Sharpe, playing tackle.
- Martez Ivey will move to tackle, his natural position, in 2017.
- At 6-5, Martez Ivey has the frame to play tackle in the NFL.
- Might have some adjustment period during 2017 while he gets used to playing in space against faster defensive ends again.
- Promising note: Martez Ivey won SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week, when Sharpe missed a game due to an ankle injury.
NFL Draft Board Breakdown
Right now the NFL Draft Board has Martez Ivey as a late first round draft choice in the 2018 NFL draft. He hovers around pick number 23 to 24.
Martez Ivey needs to address a couple concerns first for NFL scouts before he slides into the first round.
One, he needs to complete the transition from guard to tackle.
Two, in high school, where he built his reputation as an offensive tackle, his team focused on the run game. Ivey needs to show that he can handle the pass rush of an Arden Key, when he lines up across from him.
As Martez Ivey generates more film at left tackle his NFL draft stock most like will move up or down. The late first round is probably just a starting point for the mock NFL drafts at this point.