Position: Free Safety
- 2016: First Team All-Pac 12
- 2015: First Team All-Pac 12
NFL Draft Board Analysis:
Highest pick on the NFL Draft Board:
Marcus Williams first appears on the NFL Draft Board on Lance Zierlein’s mock NFL Draft, going to the Atlanta Falcons with pick #31.
Consensus pick on the NFL Draft Board:
There is no consensus for Marcus Williams to go to any NFL team. Williams appears once on the NFL Draft Board on Lance Zierlein’s mock NFL Draft, going to the Atlanta Falcons with pick #31. Charles Harris is the consensus pick to go to the Atlanta Falcons, and that is only with 2/10 mock drafts. Right now, the mock drafts for Atlanta are all over the place. It is hard to see a path for Williams to be drafted by the Atlanta Falcons.
Consensus ranking on the NFL Draft Board by Position:
Marcus Williams is only the third free safety to appear on the NFL Draft Board behind Budda Baker. Although Williams only show up once on the NFL Draft Board, not all hope is lost for him to get drafted in the first round. If he impresses at the combine, meaning he is, in fact, 6’1”, can post a sub 4.4, and jump out of the gym, some confident NFL defensive back coach will make a case for him to be drafted later in the first round. It would also help if his weight started with a “2”.
- Made the Academic All-Pac 12 team
- Was injured in 2016
- Can find the ball and force turnovers, looks like Peanut Tillman
- Not a big hitter though
- The NFL will feed him a steak or two
- Played wide receiver, basketball and did the high jump in high school
- Smart individual with a big frame, might be worth a late round first round draft pick