JuJu Smith-Schuster is the latest in a long line of talented USC wide receivers. Read which NFL mock draft puts him in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft.
College: USC #9
Position: Wide Receiver
40 Time: 4.54
- Cousin, Johnny Nansen, is a USC assistant coach.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster also played safety in high school.
- Started his USC career as a safety.
- Could have made it in NFL as a safety.
- 2014: Second team All-Pac 12. First team freshman All-American.
- 2015: First team All-Pac 12. Second team All-American.
- 2016: Second team All-Pac 12.
- Broke his hand his senior year in high school.
- Suffered a back injury in 2016 that reduced his numbers from 2015.
NFL Draft Board Breakdown
Tankathon.com considers JuJu Smith-Schuster a first round draft choice in the 2017 NFL draft. Tankathon sees the Pittsburgh Steelers drafting Smith-Schuster in the first round with pick number 30.
Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 Free Agency and Draft Needs
According to UPI, the Pittsburgh Steelers need an outside linebacker, cornerback, and wide receiver in that order.
But UPI’s article was written just six days before Antonio Brown signed his new five-year contract with the Steelers.
Looking at the other Pittsburgh signings, the Steelers have also address cornerback and outside linebacker. Pittsburgh signed outside linebacker James Harrison, cornerback Coty Sensabaugh, and, for good measure, wide receiver, Justin Hunter.
JuJu Smith-Schuster’s 2017 Draft Considerations
Smith-Schuster could be drafted in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft. He is a very talented wide receiver, but there are five wide receivers on the NFL Draft Board above him. Also, his target team, the PIttsburgh Steelers signed two wide receivers in free agency. That will work against him.
Smith-Schuster will most likely be drafted sometime in the late second round or third round.