Geron Christian started from day one at Louisville. He enters his third year as the anchor for the Cardinals offensive line. And, could find himself in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft.
College: Louisville #74
Position: Offensive Tackle
- Brother, Gerald Christian, played tight end for Louisville and the Buffalo Bills.
- Grew up playing basketball.
- 2015: Freshman season. Only lineman to start every game. Honorable mention All-ACC. Academic All-ACC.
- 2016: Academic All-ACC. Third team All-ACC, coaches. Honorable mention All-ACC, media.
- Has started every game for the Cardinals since coming to Louisville, 26 straight games.
- Benches 425, best of any Louisville Cardinal.
NFL Draft Board Breakdown
The Fueled by Sports 2018 NFL mock draft has Geron Christian going to the Dallas Cowboys in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft with pick number 32.
Geron Christian begins 2017 as the personal protector of the 2016 Heisman Trophy Award winner, Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson. Jackson is sure to attract plenty of attention in 2017. And, with that attention, Christian’s performance will come under scrutiny. Either Jackson gets time in the pocket or he doesn’t.
Christian has the size and the athleticism to play in the NFL. Depending on how his season, and Lamar Jackson’s season goes, he could very easily work his way into the first round of the 2018 NFL draft.
Game to watch this season
October 5, the Louisville Cardinals play the North Carolina State Wolfpack. NFL scouts will gravitate to the matchup between Geron Christian and another NFL Draft Board player, Bradley Chubb.
Right now, Chubb is projected as a mid-first round draft choice and Christian, a second round draft choice. Depending on how the October game plays out, those rankings could reverse.