Position: Tight End
College: South Alabama
- 2015: First Team All-Sun Belt
- 2016: First Team All-Sun Belt
NFL Draft Analysis:
Highest pick on the NFL Draft Board:
Daniel Jeremiah has Gerald Everett going to the NY Giants with pick #23.
Consensus pick on the NFL Draft Board:
Gerald Everett doesn’t show up as a consensus pick for any NFL team.
Consensus ranking on the NFL Draft Board by Position:
Gerald Everett shows up as the third tight end on the NFL Draft Board behind David Njoku.
- Doesn’t have the largest hands of the tight ends coming out in the draft
- But knows how to use his hands
- Former basketball player a la Antonio Gates
- Not afraid to catch a ball over the middle
- Speed receiver as a tight end
- Big catch radius
- Can add plenty of YAC
- Needs an NFL wide receiver coach to help Everett tighten up his routes
- Better blocker than his size might indicate
- Could be a sleeper in the draft