Position: Defensive End
College: Florida State
- 2015: Third Team All-ACC
- 2016: First Team All-ACC
NFL Draft Board Analysis:
Highest pick on the NFL Draft Board:
DeMarcus Walker first appears on the NFL Draft Board on Newsday’s mock NFL draft, going to the Atlanta Falcons with pick #31.
Consensus pick on the NFL Draft Board:
There is no consensus for DeMarcus Walker on the NFL Draft Board to be drafted by an NFL team. He appears twice on the NFL Draft Board, on Newsday’s mock NFL draft, going to the Atlanta Falcons with pick #31 and on CBS Sports’ mock NFL draft, going to the New England Patriots with pick #32.
Consensus ranking on the NFL Draft Board by Position:
This is the disheartening part of the story. On the NFL Draft Board, DeMarcus Walker is the 12th outside linebacker/defensive end to appear on the NFL Draft Board behind Ryan Anderson. A lot of NFL teams are going to have to draft a lot of edge rushers for DeMarcus Walker to be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. His work is cut out for him at the NFL combine. With a dozen edge rushers trying to get drafted in the first round, grades are going to be tight. Every number and every utterance is going to be hashed and rehashed to determine the ability and character of the edge rusher. It will not be like Pat Elflein’s combine where he is the only center to appear on the NFL Draft Board. In Elflein’s case, you either want a center or you don’t. Although DeMarcus Walker is in a hole, he has time to still impress.
- Good production, 25 sacks in last two seasons at Florida State
- Able to play the run, 3 down player
- Will show some wear as the game goes on
- Not the quickest feet, and sometime slow to get off the ball
- He’s been mentioned with a 3 technique more than once
- Watch the film, and watch more film, and even more, to make own judgments, scouting reports are inconsistent,
- It might just be that his play is inconsistent and that is why the scouting reports are inconsistent.