Dante Pettis is another speedy Washington Huskies wide receiver. Read who has Dante Pettis going in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft to the Dallas Cowboys with pick number 28.
College: Washington #8
Position: Wide Receiver
40 Time: 4.39
- Played cornerback and wide receiver in high school.
- Played basketball and ran track in high school.
- In track ran 200 meter and long jump. Won Division III state championship in long jump.
- Dad played Major League Baseball for 11 seasons and is the third base coach for the Houston Astros.
- Second team All-American punt returner, The Sporting News, 2015.
- Academic All-Pac 12 team, 2015, second team.
- Second Team All-Pac 12.
NFL Draft Board Breakdown
The 2018 NFL Draft Prospect Ranking, right now, gives Dante Pettis a ranking of thirty four. Although Dante Pettis shows up in the first round of some 2018 NFL mock drafts, he is most likely be a second day draft choice in the second or third round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
The NFL Draft Board currently projects Dante Pettis as the sixth wide receiver to come off the board in the 2018 NFL draft. It may seems like number six on the wide receiver draft depth chart may seem steep. But, the sixth seating does give Pettis hope of getting drafted in the first round.
While there were only four wide receivers drafted in the first round of the 2016 NFL draft, the 2015 NFL draft posted six wide receivers in the first round.
With the deemphasizing the running game in the NFL, the slot receiver has become more and more a focus for NFL teams and the wide receiver position in general.
Walterfootball.com currently shows Pettis going to the Dallas Cowboys with pick number 29 of the 2018 NFL draft.
The final word on Pettis belongs to Jake Browning. Jake Browning returns to the Washington Huskies as on of the best college quarterbacks in the nation. If Jake Browning’s season goes well, Pettis could find himself drafted in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft.