Christian Wilkins made himself famous twice. And, both times the events fell on the fringe of football. Christian Wilkins could very well produce on the field for an NFL team, if he keeps his off field distractions to a minimum.
Position: Defensive End
40 Time: 4.92
- 2015: First Team Freshman All-American
- 2016: Third Team Team All-American
NFL Draft Board Analysis
NFL Draft Board Potential
Christian Wilkins appears in the top half of the first round on the 2018 NFL Draft Board. At 6-4, 310, Christian Wilkins has the size to play defensive line in the NFL.
Comparative Position Ranking on the NFL Draft Board
Although Christian Wilkins plays defensive end, he is not a pass rush specialist. As a matter of fact he is not an every down player and doesn’t play on every passing situation. Wilkins is more of a strong side defensive end, playing the five technique, rather than weak side, pass rush side.
The NFL Draft Board lists Christian Wilkins as a defensive tackle. As a defensive tackle he stands at the top of the NFL Draft Board.
- Entire Clemson 2016 season.
- A possible future as a, “Dancing with the Stars,” contestant. This video produced Wilkins’ second fifteen minutes of fame.
- Played basketball in high school.
- 2015 & 2016 All-ACC Academic Team.
- Catches the occasional pass for Clemson.
- Good balance.
- Light on his feet.
- Can play from a two point stance or with a hand in the dirt.
- Good hands. Can occupy a blocker while reading the play, and then shed the blocker.
Areas of Concern
- A bit of a personality, and not just for dancing. Competitive drive can get the better of him. This let to his first fifteen minutes of fame.
- Can have trouble setting the edge.
- Not a dynamic pass rusher, not an every down player.
- Could get off the ball just a little faster.