Bucky Hodges is a massive tight end that will produce in the NFL. Read which NFL mock draft has him drafted in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft.
College: Virginia Tech #7
Position: Tight End
40 Time: 4.57
- 2016: Boston College, 4 receptions for 48 yards.
- 2015: North Carolina,
- 2014: USA Today Freshman All-American. Third team All-ACC.
- 2015: Second team All-ACC.
- 2016: Third team All-ACC.
- Former quarterback.
- Rated number 10 pro style quarterback by Rivals in high school.
- Spent redshirt year at Virginia Tech on the scout team as a quarterback and tight end in fall 2013.
- Moved to tight end permanently in spring of 2014.
- Has played as outside receiver and slot receiver also.
NFL Draft Board Breakdown
Bucky Hodges shows up on Cleveland.com’s NFL mock draft. Cleveland.com has Hodges going to the New York Giants with pick number 23.
Bucky Hodges is a physical specimen that has a high ceiling. Hodges has played tight end only three years and has a lot to learn about the position yet. His quarterback experience works to his benefit in that he understand coverages.
Bucky Hodges has a small chance of being drafted in the first round. Hodges will most likely end up being drafted in the latter portion of the second round or the third round.
Unfortunately, for Bucky Hodges, the 2017 class of draft eligible tight ends is deep. Some teams looking for a quality tight end can address more pressing positions and still pick up a quality tight end in the second or third round.
If the team that drafts Bucky Hodges puts in the work. They should get a great return on their second/third round draft choice.
At 6-7 Bucky Hodges creates a matchup problem that could drive defensive coordinators into insomnia. One on one matchups at the goal line could become suicide if the defender is an average size defensive back.