Bradley Chubb is an athletic edge rusher with a big motor. Read about his chances to be drafted in the top half of the first round of the 2018 NFL draft.
Position: Defensive End
College: NC State #9
40 Time: 4.75
- Cousin of Georgia running back Nick Chubb.
- 2015: Led team with three forced fumbles.
- 2016: Third team All-ACC.
- Returning for senior year.
- Plays the 5 to 7 technique.
- Recruited as a linebacker.
NFL Draft Board Analysis
NFL Draft Board Potential
Bradley Chubb shows the potential to attract attention in the first half of the first round on the 2018 NFL draft. Although, Chubb’s play in 2017 dictates where an NFL team ultimately drafts him. Chubb is a borderline player to go in the first half of the 2018 NFL draft. Bradley Chubb doesn’t play at a tradition football power and that comes with a couple considerations. One, he doesn’t have five star recruits around him to create opportunities for him to showcase his talents. He doesn’t have Malik Hooker and Marshon Lattimore in the defensive backfield smothering receivers while he makes his way to the qurterback. Two, as a junior he provided leadership for the defense as team captain. NC State relies on him to have a good game to hold up the defense. The entire performance of the defense hinges on his play.
Comparative Position Ranking on the NFL Draft Board
Defensive end/outside linebacker rates a hot commodity in the 2017 NFL draft. And, it appears NFL teams will draft the defensive end/outside linebacker position with enthusiasm in 2018. Although Bradley Chubb is the fourth edge rusher to appear on the NFL Draft Board, he still has the potential to get drafted in the top have of the first round of the 2018 NFL draft.
- Plays to the whistle. Good motor.
- Quick change of direction.
- Good hands. Keeps shirt clean.
- Speed creates havoc on opposing offense.
- Smooth swim move.
- Although pad level is good for the most part, Chubb does lose leverage on occasion.
- Balance suffers when he loses leverage.
- A chip can disrupt his pass rush attack.
- Clean up path to quarterback on stunts.