ArDarius Stewart can pile on the yards after the catch. Read if his YAC yards are enough to propel him into the first round of the 2017 NFL draft.
Position: Wide Receiver
40 Time: 4.43
- See a comprehensive breakdown of ArDarius Stewart at Bleeding Green Nation. In short, Bleeding Green Nation says ArDarius Stewart’s strength is his YAC, good second gear, can read a zone defense, but has some drops in coverage.
- Mother, LaShonna Smith, was a high school sprinter.
- 2016: First team All-SEC.
- NFL Draft Advisory Committee projected ArDarius Stewart as potentially a second or third round draft choice.
- Missed two games in 2016 for sprained knee.
- Missed one game in 2016 for “violation of our standard of behavior,” Nick Saban.
- 2016: Auburn. 10 receptions for 127 yards. 1 touchdown. 2 returns for 37 yards.
- 2016: Mississippi State. 8 receptions for 156 yards. 3 touchdowns.
- 2016: USC. 4 receptions for 113 yards. 2 touchdowns.
NFL Draft Board Analysis
NFL Draft Board Potential
ArDarius Stewart appears in one NFL mock draft on the NFL Draft Board. While it is not out of the question that ArDarius Stewart gets drafted in the first round, it is highly doubtful that Stewart gets drafted in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft.
ArDarius Stewart’s productivity plateaued his junior year, 2015: 63 catches for 700 yards. 2016 54 catches for 864 yards (note the increased YAC). Working with a true freshman quarterback, Jalen Hurts, probably didn’t help. Nick Saban is said to encourage underclassmen that get a first round evaluation from the NFL College Advisory Committee (aka Draft Advisory Committee) should leave school.
Comparative Position Ranking on the NFL Draft Board
ArDarius Stewart is at the bottom of the NFL Draft Board showing up on only one of the 10 NFL mock drafts. His chances to be drafted might have been much better in 2018.
Stewart said he got a second or third round projection. In 2018, Stewart might have gone in the first round with a quarterback starting his second full college season, not starting the year with zero snaps in collge.