Position: Running Back
- 2016: Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll, Doak Walker Award Watch List
NFL Draft Board Analysis:
Highest pick on the NFL Draft Board:
On the NFL Draft Board, Daniel Jeremiah’s mock NFL draft has Alvin Kamara going to the Green Bay Packers with pick #29.
Consensus pick on the NFL Draft Board:
Alvin Kamara appears on the NFL Draft Board only once on Daniel Jeremiah’s mock NFL draft, going to the Green Bay Packers with pick #29.
Consensus ranking on the NFL Draft Board by Position:
Alvin Kamara is the fourth running back to appear on the NFL Draft Board behind Christian McCaffrey. Being ranked as the fourth running back in the past would have put a running back solidly in the first round. But, with the pass happy NFL, and the abundance of three receiver sets, the running back position has fallen out of favor with NFL teams. The fact that Kamara can play out of the slot, like McCaffrey, will definitely help his draft status.
- Flush with talent, #2 all-purpose back coming out of high school 2013
- Signed with Alabama in the same freshman class as Heisman Trophy award winner Derrick Henry
- Injured his knee before freshman season and redshirted
- Suspended from team practice during LSU week his freshman year
- Suspend for Sugar Bowl his freshman season
- 2014 played for Hutchinson Community College in Kansas
- AL.com story that covers history to this point
- 2015 – 2016 played with Tennessee with no medical issues or character concerns
- Could be a steal if medical and character concerns are a thing of the past and they seem to be in the past
- Played for the Tennessee Volunteers for two productive years without incident
- Can line up in the slot
- Kamara’s ability to catch the ball allows him to stay on the field for third down
- Some tweaking required for his ball carrying technique